Rodent Control Services in Jacksonville, FL
These critters are experts at sneaking into your spaces. When food is scarce or the weather turns wild (as it’s prone to do in the area), they ramp up their efforts.
Don’t fret. Mosquito Joe of the First Coast offers expert rodent control services in Duval and St. Johns County.
Steps to Stopping a Rodent Infestation
Rodents seek food and shelter due to weather fluctuations like heavy rainfall, severe drought, winter chill, or intense summer heat. Jacksonville experiences a large portion of those conditions, so blocking rodents’ access to the necessities they seek is vital. We’ve got some tips to help you do that, starting at the core of your property and working your way outwards:
- Always clean up spilled food and water in the kitchen. Store all food in air-tight containers.
- Keep kitchen garbage in containers with tight-fitting lids.
- Pick up pet food dishes and water when not actively in use.
- Patch and repair any holes, however small, in walls between rooms, between the garage and the attic, or leading outdoors. Pay particular attention to the back of cupboards and closets, vents, and around window casings.
- Inspect all vents, especially along the roof, to be sure the vent covers fit properly and are in good repair.
- Stop feeding wild birds. Spilled seed attracts and feeds rats and mice.
- When adding food scraps to the compost, always turn the compost to cover any food scraps fully.
- Prune any branches that overhang your roof, or that grow close to the roof.
- Pick up fallen fruit or vegetables in the garden.
- Keep the grass mowed short, trim shrubs, and remove leaf litter and clutter that can provide shelter.
- Put your trust in Mosquito Joe of the First Coast, a professional pest control company, to inspect your property and tackle the rodent population effectively.
Keep in mind, rodents have a strong will to survive. They’re plentiful and smart, so it takes vigilance on your part to ward them off.
Rest assured, Mosquito Joe of the First Coast has your back. We’ll create a comprehensive rodent control program for your property in the Jacksonville area. You can always count on us.
What Does Mosquito Joe of the First Coast’s Rodent Control Service Include?
At Mosquito Joe, we’re experts at keeping unwanted pests off your property. We have already been providing excellent mosquito, tick, and flea control, and we’re excited to start protecting your property from rodents, as well.
In the Jacksonville area, rats and mice can pose structural risks and carry fleas, ticks, allergens, and diseases. Even deceased rodents may endanger your family due to lingering fleas, pathogens, and odors. Avoid these risks from rat traps. Mosquito Joe’s rodent control focuses on population control and natural, eco-friendly solutions with an effective barrier around your home.
Our service professionals employ a carefully coordinated strategy tailored to the specific needs of your property. Our rodent control process includes the following tactics:• Inspection to identify specific vulnerabilities to rodent entry
- Trapping rodents to remove them from your property
- Rodent population evaluation
- Implementing a rodent barrier around your home
- Application of rodent repellant
Frequently Asked Questions About Rodent Control
What is the Most Common Rodent in Florida?
House mice are the most common type of rodent in Florida. Owners may not notice them for quite some time on Floridian properties since they are nocturnal.
Are Chemical Used in Rodent Control?
Mosquito Joe of the First Coast rodent control uses no rodenticides that can risk leaving dead and dying rats or mice inside your home. Instead, we use a liquid rodent repellent to control the population and establish a barrier around your home. Our goal is to prevent rodents from coming into your home in the first place. We block the pathways rats and mice use to access your garage, attic, basement, and home. We also alert you to existing issues on your property that may attract rodents.
How Much Do Rodent Control Services Cost?
Because every home, property, and rodent issue is different, we customize our services you’re your specific areas. We are happy to provide a free, no-obligation quote for our rodent control service customized to your needs.
Expert Rodent Control Near Me
At Mosquito Joe of the First Coast, we make sure rodents can’t cozy up in your home and property. Our expert rodent control services focus on keeping the problem out of your home in Duval and St. Johns County in the first place. Call us today at 904-659-7994 or fill out our online quote request form. We’ll be happy to provide you with information about our affordable and effective rodent control service!